20+ Reasons to Throw Your Yoga Mat Away – Reason #14
Not all Yoga mat companies claiming to offer authentic Ayurveda Yoga mats are honest. Sometimes while we may mean well, if we don’t know what we are doing, we can affect what nature and the wise sages from our past have already perfected a long time ago. As humans, we are much better served to stop, ask questions, and learn, rather than think we know and move forward making changes to things that may already be perfect, just the way they are. This is the truth about you, perfect in every way and it also happens to be the story about authentic Ayurveda Yoga mats.
Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats are not new at all. What is new is the attention that they are receiving and the new copycat look-alike yoga mats being produced in the pursuit of money. Anytime a human is focused on money and not our creator’s creations and the many blessings we already have, we are bound to learn a lesson of karma.
Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats have been here for thousands of years, but in small batches and until recently were never marketed to the mainstream. The ability to mass produce these mats is simply not the reality today.
Similar to how the Yogis and Sages were pushed into the mountains to survive during the British invasion, so were the Vedic Sages who retained the wisdom of Ayurvedic textiles. Just as in recent years, Yoga has come to the West, now we are seeing the re-emergence of Ayurveda as well. Some US brands claiming to be authentic, are actually threatening the Authentic Ayurveda Textiles trade by taking trade secrets and applying them to new ways, like dyeing with chemicals to improve color and ultimately attract more sales, discarding the Ayurvedic technology we all are longing to receive.
Ayurveda is said to be an ancient healing system, in Sanskrit, Ayurveda means ‘The Science of Life’. Ayurvedic wisdom originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and its holistic approach puts the mind, body, and spirit in equilibrium through the use of herbs, massage, diet, and yoga.
Ayurveda Yoga mats take the concepts of Ayurveda, Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, and apply the 5000-year-old technology to your Yoga mat, which then has an effect on your experience of your practice of Yoga. All along, it’s been about you, your experience, your aura, not us, or our mat.
In June of 2023, the Yoga industry reported on Yoga mats, specifically cotton Yoga mats and tech mats or mats with computer or wired technology in them. It is implied in the report that the Yoga mat industry will switch to natural materials in Yoga mats vs. today’s plastic and rubber yoga mats that off-gas toxic fumes and sometimes come with cancer and birth defect warnings on the labels depending on which state you live in.
Because of this information and the data to support it, it is easy to see we have already begun the process as a human race to recognize the benefits of natural cotton hand-made Yoga mats or Yoga rugs as some like to say. It is easy to see that within the next 8-10 years, we will all have made a switch to more conscious materials when it comes to our Yoga mats.
With that information, it’s not hard to understand the influx of new companies coming to the market claiming they are selling “Ayurveda” or “Ayurvedic” Yoga mats. One in particular claims she was the “#theoriginalayurvedicyogamat” which is a #hashtag we first started and was used by another less honest company to gain brand awareness. Many of the brands on the market today claiming to be Ayurveda rugs or Ayurvedic Yoga mats are simply modified versions of the real authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats and this has been done to make sales. The claims are false and misleading, and karma and truth will always prevail. Real Auyurveda will address your constitution and your elements of Vata, Pitta and Kapha. If the Yoga mat does not, well its simiply not Ayurveda or Ayurvedic information.
If we look at the top 3 claiming to be selling authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats on the market today, we can see the many challenges consumers face when attempting to find honest authentic marketing and even more so, real authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats.
|Authentic Ayurveda Yoga Mat Facts||okoliving||bennd||auramat|
|First to market mainstream in the US under the brands Adi Yoga Mat and Gobind Harpal Singh – 2017||√|
|Authentic Ayurveda 3mm thickness (No US Modifications)||√|
|Authentic Ayurveda raised alignment bars (No US Modifications)||√|
|Authentic Ayurvedic Weaving patterns to accommodate for Dosha||√|
|Authentic Ayurvedic Dyeing Process – No chemicals or preserves||√|
|Donates a portion of proceeds back to the community||√|
|Authentic Ayurvedic Weaving patterns to accommodate Dosha||√|
|The most auric-enhancing Yoga mat available today||√|
Let’s take each line above and learn the truth about how to spot a fake or counterfiet Ayurveda Yoga mat or Ayurvedic Yoga rug.
- First to bring Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats to the US mainstream market – in 2017 during a teacher training, Yogi Gabriel or Gobind Harpal Singh learned about the human aura. It was divine intervention that led him to Ayurvedic Yoga mats and he has been offering them since.
- 3mm vs. 5mm Ayurvedic Yoga mat thickness – Authentic Ayurveda Yoga mats are simply advanced Yoga mats in many ways and they only come in 3mm. If the Yoga practitioner is experiencing pain and wishes for a softer feel or a more padded feel, a foam mat can be used under the Ayurvedic Yoga mat and it will not affect the Yoga practitioner’s energetic Yoga experience. Once the mat has been modified to 5mm, to account for discomfort, it has been modified not to allow you to get into deeper states of Yoga and and Meditation because the unresolved energy is avoided rather than worked through during your Yoga practice. 5mm is for beginners if at all, and it is not an Authentic Ayurveda weaving pattern whatsoever.
- Authentic Ayurveda raised alignment bars – Simply put, the alignment bars and pom poms are a very simple way to spot a fake Ayurveda Yoga mat. If the pom poms are large, run off the mat, or are super thick, these are simply US modifications and a red flag that the product is NOT an authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mat. Beware of imitation Ayurvedic Mat sellers, as the dyeing process is also typically modified to include chemicals to hold or brighten the colors that plants and Ayurvedic herbs simply can not produce for us.
- Authentic Ayurvedic Weaving Patterns to accommodate for Ayurvedic dosha and your constitution – This is another very simple way to identify an unauthentic Ayurveda Yoga rug. Simply put, if it’s all one color, it’s not an authentic Ayurveda Yoga rug. If it’s a combination of 7 colors to match the chakras, it’s not an authentic Ayurvedic Yoga Mat. If the label of the mat is on top, it’s not an authentic Ayurveda Yoga mat. If the mat has symbols like a moon on the top, where you can stand, not only is it, not an authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mat, it’s not auspicious to use from a Yogi’s perspective. Reverence for all life is important, not sales numbers and competition. If the mat takes into consideration the elements, earth, water, fire, air, and ether, and arranges these subtle qualities to vata, pitta, and kapha you are dealing in the realm of Ayurveda and you might have an authentic Ayurvedic Yoga rug.
- Authentic Ayurvedic Dyeing Process – No chemicals or preserves – This is again a very simple way to identify counterfeit Ayurvedic Yoga mats. Because all of our Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats are dyed with plants and Ayurvedic herbs only, they will never shine like modern textiles that use preservatives to make a brighter, shinier product, knowing humans are attracted to bright shiny objects, especially during consumption. If you are seeing bright vibrant colors like the examples below, the product is modified and most likely not carrying the integrity of an authentic Ayurvedic Yoga rug.
- Donates a portion of proceeds back to the community – A portion of every sale is set aside to teach underprivileged and traumatized youth Yoga and meditation skills for survival. We give back and we always will. You can support our non-profit currently being set up “The Toy Solider Foundation” and we will post more here when the information becomes available.
- Holds the Authentic Ayurvedic qualities retained for centuries – We never changed anything. We are simply the channel to provide you with Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats, and it’s not about making money, it’s about telling the truth, changing the Yoga mat industry, and raising the conscious awareness of humanity as a whole.
- The most auric-enhancing Yoga mat available today – learn more and take the aura mat challenge today!
Below are a few examples of inauthentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats. These are on Etsy.
With aura mat, we will never change our process. There simply is nothing to improve or change to make sales. Authentic Ayurvedic Yoga mats have been made for thousands of years and we don’t intend to change anything, not one thing. Choose from Vata, Pitta, or Kapha qualities and balance your energetic auric body today.
Stop by www.auramat.com and choose your experience today.